Holistic & Alternative Health Advice
For Eliminating A Candida Albicans Yeast Infection
Candida Albicans, or a systemic yeast infection, can be either a digestive or systemic health problem. Literally millions of men and women have yeast infections, which can underscore a number of undiagnosed health conditions. Answers to its elimination are few and far between.
Candida Albicans is a destructive yeast infection that begins in the digestive system and little by little spreads to other parts of the body. Candida albicans is present in all of us not long after birth. Typically, this yeast remains in a healthful balance with the other bacteria and yeasts within the intestinal tract. Under certain conditions, such as excessive stress, lowered immunity or the long-term use of steroids, the candida yeast can multiply, thus disrupting the gastrointestinal “terrain”.
Candida overgrowth may also be a consequence of antibiotic treatment, as antibiotics not only kill pathogens but also a large number of those bacteria that are part of a healthy gastrointestinal flora. With the depletion of the beneficial protective flora in the intestinal tract and a weakened immune response, this opportunistic yeast infection can then spread and multiply beyond the intestinal tract, affecting every organ in the body.
Symptoms Of A Candida Albicans Yeast Infection
In babies, the symptoms of an overgrowth of yeast can appear as diaper rash. It can also be found on the body as jock itch or athlete’s foot. It can appear in the mouth as thrush or in the vaginal tract, known by many women as a yeast infection. A Candida Albicans yeast infection is now being associated with a variety of health conditions ranging from mental disorders, a weakened immune system, food intolerance, gastric upsets, premenstrual tension, infertility, ovarian failure, sexual function difficulties and fatigue.
A candida albicans yeast infection also can manifest with a multitude of symptoms including constipation, diarrhea, colitis, headaches, bad breath, mood swings, canker sores, muscle and joint pain, congestion, severe itching, PMS, fatigue, and kidney or bladder infections to name a few. It is estimated that 30% of the population suffers from health issues directly related to systemic yeast. In fact, the majority of people who have a candida overgrowth do not realize they have it until they become seriously ill.
If you think you might have candida overgrowth, or would like to find out if you do, take this simple self-scoring Candida Test. If you score over 140 points on this test, you might want to follow some of the alternative & holistic health ideas listed below and start down the road to health and wellness naturally.
Tips For Dealing With A Candida Albicans Yeas Infection
- Avoid all yeast containing foods: yeast breads, fermented beverages (beer, wine, brandy, scotch, etc.) moldy cheeses, fermented vinegar, salad dressing, peanuts, biscuits, canned citrus fruit juices, cake mix, ice cream, all dried fruit, oranges, pickles, tomato sauce, sugars, yeast powder, processed and smoked meats, malt products, barbecue sauce, olives, mayonnaise, and chili peppers.
- Avoid sugar (especially hidden sugars such as those found in soft drinks, pastries, canned fruits and vegetables), artificial sweeteners, and all refined carbohydrates.
- Rotate between at least 2 different anti-fungal herbs every 4 days to kill the candida yeast in the intestinal tract such as garlic and pau d’ Arco, wild oregano oil or grape seed extract.
- Supplement with Acidophilus daily. This helps to reintroduce the good bacteria back into the intestinal tract.
- Colostrum can also be used to help reserve the balance of intestinal flora and support the immune system.
- Take 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil or omega 3 oil daily to improve healing and prevent the fungus from destroying cells.
- Incorporate Echinacea to help strengthen the immune system.
- Use a multivitamin & mineral complex with vitamin A to provide all the nutrients needed for proper immune function and for repair of the intestinal lining. Try to select a vitamin complex that includes zinc.
- Treat any yeast or fungal infection that appears on the skin with tea tree oil.
© Copyright Rita Louise, Inc. – medical-intuitives.com. All rights reserved.
This information is provided for educational purposes only. The descriptions of nutritional supplements are based on the historical usage of the various ingredients. They are not intended to promote any direct or implied health claims, and actual results of usage can vary.
The statements on this Web site have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Rita Louise, PhD is not a medical doctor. Sessions are not intended for the diagnosis, treatment, alleviation, mitigation, prevention or care of any disease of any kind, in any way. Individuals, however, can choose to utilize the information and knowledge gained during a session for the care of their own body, including any suggested health or healing programs.
For any medical problems, see your primary care physician.