Asthma is serious and should be discussed with your doctor.
There are home remedies you can try to reduce the severity and frequency of your attacks.
Asthma can be a serous and often frightening condition that is typified by a tightening of the chest, wheezing and difficulty breathing. Asthma is made up of two underlying components: inflammation and constriction. During normal breathing, the bands of muscles that surround the airways are relaxed, and air moves freely. But in people with asthma, the bands of muscle surrounding the airways tighten and air cannot move freely. In addition, individuals with asthma often have airways that are inflamed, irritated and swollen. This can make it hard for them to breathe. This irritation can also cause the mucus membrane that lines these tissues to produce excessive mucus, which can further reduce the flow of air into the lungs.
The airways of people with asthma are extremely sensitive. The airways tend to overreact and narrow due to even the slightest trigger. These can include: emotional upsets and stress, upper respiratory tract infections, breathing cold air and even exercising too hard. Airborne allergens, such as bee pollen, animal dander, dust mold and smoke can also trigger an attack, as can certain foods or medications.
Asthma attacks can be both mild and severe. The severity of an attack, however, can escalate rapidly, so it is important to treat these symptoms immediately once you recognize them. In any case, it is important to work with your primary health care provider when you look to treat this health concern. Fortunately, there are a number of things that you can do to help reduce the severity or eliminate asthma from your life.
Recommendations and home remedies to help control an asthma attack:
- Sit leaning forward or in a semi-prone position to help restore normal breathing.
- Try placing a hot, moist towel over your chest to help relax your chest muscles and restore normal breathing.
Recommendations and home remedies to help reduce your chances of another asthma attack:
- Incorporate breathing exercises into your daily routine to help strengthen your respiratory muscles.
- Keep a health diary. Use it to help you figure out what is triggering your attacks, then reduce your exposure to them or eliminate those things from your life.
- Don’t smoke. Avoid perfumes.
- Make a special effort to keep your environment allergen free. Get an air purifier. Dust and vacuum often. Change your home furnace or air conditioner filter regular.
- Stop exercising if you start wheezing or feel an attack coming on.
- Drink plenty of water to help thin any mucus build-up in the lungs.
- Eliminate or reduce mucus-forming foods such as milk products, products made with white flower and refined foods.
- Lobelia has a long history for relaxing respiratory muscles and reducing spasmodic coughing.
Recommendations and home remedies to help reduce asthma symptoms:
- Including an herb like ginkgo biloba into your health care program.
- Herbs such as mullein, licorice root, marshmallow root or slippery elm can be taken to soothe irritated tissues.
- Fenugreek and thyme can help to open the chest as it loosens & stimulates the gentle removal of mucus and phlegm.
- Incorporate a homeopathic Asthma formula to help with shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing, tightness of the chest and wheezing.
© Copyright Rita Louise, Inc. – medical-intuitives.com. All rights reserved.
About Dr. Rita Louise
Bestselling author, Dr. Rita Louise, is a Naturopathic Physician and the founder of the Institute Of Applied Energetics. She is the author of the books The Dysfunctional Dance Of The Empath And Narcissist, Stepping Out Of Eden, ET Chronicles: What Myth And Legend Have To Say About Human Origin, Avoiding The Cosmic 2X4, Dark Angels: An Insider’s Guide To Ghosts, Spirits & Attached Entities and The Power Within as well as hundreds of articles that have been published worldwide.
Dr. Rita has appeared on radio and television and has spoken at conferences covering topics such as health and healing, relationships, ghosts, intuition, ancient mysteries and the paranormal.
Let Dr. Rita assist you bringing health, healing and wholeness back into your life.
This information is provided for educational purposes only. The descriptions of nutritional supplements are based on the historical usage of the various ingredients. They are not intended to promote any direct or implied health claims, and actual results of usage can vary.
The statements on this Web site have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Rita Louise, PhD is not a medical doctor. Sessions are not intended for the diagnosis, treatment, alleviation, mitigation, prevention or care of any disease of any kind, in any way. Individuals, however, can choose to utilize the information and knowledge gained during a session for the care of their own body, including any suggested health or healing programs.
For any medical problems, see your primary care physician.